A Cranberry Moscow Mule is the perfect festive drink to serve at every holiday party! Spicy ginger beer, cranberry juice and a twist of orange come together to make this refreshing mocktail!
Today I’m sharing another Mocktail recipe with all the best seasonal flavors that you and your guests are going to LOVE!
Cranberries are one of the things I enjoy so much this time of year. I typically stock up and create all sorts of deliciousness with them. Everything from homemade cranberry sauce and cranberry syrup to sparkling cranberry brie bites. They’re wonderful in savory dishes like this braised beef too.
They make beautiful garnishes in drinks, punch and they keep for a good while in the fridge, but you can freeze them too.
A traditional Moscow Mule is made with vodka, ginger beer, and lime juice. We’re adding a fun festive twist with cranberry and orange, and we’re leaving the vodka out since we’re going for non-alcoholic here.
Don’t worry, you won’t sacrifice flavor at all, and if you want to make this a cocktail, just add some in.
- Ginger Beer- is NOT alcoholic, even though it’s called beer. It tastes nothing like beer. This is the main ingredient in the recipe and adds a spicy kick to the drink (not like burn your lips off hot sauce type kick, just a punch) Ginger itself also has great health benefits, it’s anti-inflammatory, relieves nausea, fights infection, soothes respiratory symptoms, and improves digestion (I know, way more than you wanted to know there).
- Cranberry juice– adds a beautiful color and tart flavor to the drink. Be sure to get 100% juice. Cranberries are also a great antioxidant.
- Orange– just a twist to complement the flavor
- Cinnamon stick– completely optional, and more of a garnish, but it does add just a hint of warmth as it sits in your cup.
- Copper mugs– They’re beautiful and copper is a conductor, so the cold retention will last longer.
- Crushed ice– Any ice will do, but I love crushed ice in this mocktail because it reminds me of snow and it feels very Christmas like.
Overall, this is a drink you can enjoy that actually has some great benefits, even though we typically don’t worry about that this time of year.
Best ginger beer
I haven’t found a ginger beer I don’t like, that being said, these are the top rated brands out there:
- Fever Tree
- DG genuine Jamaican
- Top Note
- Q Drinks
My personal favorite is Q Drinks. I was introduced to it on a cruise a couple of years ago and it is spectacular! My grocery store doesn’t carry it, so I have used several others and the recipe is still great!
how to make cranberry Moscow mule mocktail
It’ll only take you a minute to mix these up! Start with ice, add your ingredients, garnish, and you’re good to go! Your guest will feel so special because it’s just that fancy, but there’s barely any effort here.
What’s the difference between ginger ale and ginger beer?
Ginger Beer is brewed and fermented, Ginger Ale is carbonated water flavored with ginger.
A common question I get is if you can substitute ginger ale. The short answer is, “yes”. The longer answer is, you can, and it will be a different flavor.
Ginger beer has a much more potent ginger flavor and it is not quite as carbonated. Either way, I’m sure you’ll love the recipe.
I like to garnish my cranberry Moscow Mule with a few fresh cranberries, an orange slice, and a cinnamon stick. Here are some other festive garnishes:
- pomegranate arils
- fresh mint
- fresh rosemary
- lime wedge
- lime zest
- orange zest
- crystallized ginger
More Festive Mocktail Recipes
Your shares are how this site grows and I appreciate each one. Do you know someone who would enjoy this recipe?
I’d love it if you would share it on Facebook or on your favorite Pinterest board! AND…if you like this recipe, please do me a favor and give it a 5-star rating!
Cranberry Moscow Mule Mocktail
- copper mugs (optional)
- Jigger or shot glass
- 1 wedge orange
- 2 oz cranberry juice
- 4 oz ginger beer
- cranberries, cinnamon stick optional garnish
- Fill mug with ice.
- Squeeze an orange wedge over the ice.
- Add in cranberry juice and ginger beer. Garnish with fresh cranberries, an orange wedge, and a cinnamon stick.
Tools you might enjoy
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated site