Decadent. Silky. Smooth. Satisfying. This quick easy chocolate mousse is your new best friend.
I just can't come up with words good enough to describe this. I just know you'll want it for all occasions.
Feeling down? Call your new best friend chocolate mousse. Feeling joyful? Celebrate with your new best friend. Feeling frustrated or mad? Chocolate brings endorphins to the brain and makes you feel happy. 🙂
Quick Easy Chocolate Mousse
A few weeks ago, I was invited to present at the Country Living Fair in Atlanta Georgia. My friend Stacey (from Little Figgy Food) and I collaborated and did a cooking demo "Easy Dinner Ideas for Stress Free Entertaining".
We decided for the dessert portion to blend one of her recipes and one of mine together to create a new one. And that's what you get today!
So the chocolate mousse recipe originated here. Today I'm sharing it with my pumpkin whipped cream. I think this will make a perfect AND EASY PEASY addition to your Thanksgiving meal. Or... just because.
I know, people do pies at thanksgiving, I never did really fit in...
Notes about Quick Easy Chocolate Mousse
- There's only a few ingredients, so it really is quick to make
- Needs a couple hours to set up, so plan accordingly
- For the sweetener in the pumpkin whipped cream portion, you can substitute a stevia based sweetener if you'd like. I often use Truvia.
- Check a conversion chart if you're not using the sugar
- I recommend fresh pumpkin puree, but you can used canned as well.
- A microplane zester works great for shaving some chocolate on top.
Are you ready to make this super duper quick easy chocolate mousse with pumpkin whipped cream?? It's kind of a mouthful. Oh! Did you get that? "mouthful"?! Sometimes I crack myself up. 😀 😀
Easy Chocolate Mousse with Pumpkin Whipped Cream
- 2 cups Whipping Cream chilled
- 12 oz semisweet Chocolate Dark/Plain, chips or bar broken into chunks (do not use unsweetened)
- 5 Tbls Honey
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- ½ cup fresh pumpkin puree or canned
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Stir ¾ cup of the cream, chocolate and honey together in a medium saucepan over low heat. Keep stirring until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth and blended well.
- Remove from heat and Cool, stirring occasionally.
- While the chocolate is cooling - in a large bowl, beat 1 ¼ cup of cream until soft peaks start to form.
- Fold the cream into the chocolate mixture, in 2 - 3 separate additions until each addition is well incorporated.
- Divide the mousse into eight ¾ cup dishes. (Can get up to ten ½ cup servings)
- Refrigerate mousse until set, at least 2 hours.
- Once mousse is set and serving time is close, prepare the topping.
Pumpkin Whipped Cream
- Place heavy cream & powdered sugar in a stand mixer, beat on high until stiff peaks form
- Combine pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and sugar, mix well.
- 10. Fold pumpkin puree into whipped cream until mixed well. Top each dish of chocolate mousse with the whipped cream. Garnish with shaved chocolate if desired. Keep chilled until ready to serve.