Homemade White Pizza has a hearty protein packed crust topped with creamy white sauce, tender chicken, spinach and of course cheese! This just might change the way you eat pizza.
This post was sponsored by American Dairy Association Mideast, all opinions are my own.
Homemade White Pizza
We LOVE homemade pizza at our house. We especially like pizza that is a little out of the ordinary, such as this one, or this Turkey Cranberry Pizza. If you're crazy for crust, check out this harvest pizza made in a cast iron skillet.
Not only is Homemade White Pizza delicious, but it has added benefits. 🙂
We have a couple of traditions at our house. One is our Ice Cream Sundays, another is Pizza Movie Night. We do Ice Cream Sundays in the Summer, and Pizza night is more in the colder months as we're ready to snuggle up to the fire place and just have some downtime.
If making your own pizza intimidates you, just trust me, I have a hack for a crust that is super easy, and you're going to love it.
Can we just talk about cheese for a minute? I LOVE LOVE LOVE cheese. It's one of the best foods ever. I recently took a trip to Ohio and toured a cheese plant. All I can say is FASCINATING.
American Dairy Association Mideast invited me and some other fabulous bloggers on an adventure that started at a dairy farm where we followed the milk journey from the farm all the way to the table. The American Dairy Association Mideast represents 2,500 dairy farm families in Ohio and West Virginia.
And when I say we followed mild to the table I mean, milk, cheese, and ice cream! When we visited Micelis, we made our own pizzas and cooked them in a brick oven. Now, if I just had a brick oven at home...
There was a fabulous buffet of homemade sauces and toppings, and all sorts of cheese. And I realized, I hadn't had a white pizza in awhile.
So this Homemade White Pizza was inspired by my time in OH.
Pizza Crust Hack for Homemade White Pizza~
Ready for my pizza crust hack?
Two ingredients my friends. Yes. Just two. Yogurt and Flour. Just combine them until it comes together and you have a nice ball of dough. Then you can roll it out. No rising, no waiting, just ready. 🙂
I used Whole Wheat Flour this time, but you can use regular all purpose flour (I recommend something unbleached), or a blend.
- Poke the crust with a fork all over, then bake it for about 10 minutes before topping it. This will makes a crispier crust.
- Don't overload your pizza! Yes, I know, this is very difficult, but I have faith in you. If you put too much sauce on it, the crust won't cook and you'll have soggy crust. 🙁 Instead if you like a saucy pizza, add some afterwards or to the side for dipping.
Variations for Homemade White Pizza
As you know, the sky's the limit with pizza, but here's a few of my favorite combos for a white pizza:
- chicken, butternut squash, spinach
- sausage, white bean, and kale
- chicken, sun-dried tomato, artichoke hearts
Here's a few highlights of my trip~
Things to know about Cleveland~
- Hyatt Regency at the Arcade is a fabulous place to stay and the perfect starting point to experience the best the city has to offer. It's stunning historic architecture and newly renovated rooms are a must see.
- East 4th street is loaded with fabulous restaurants and shops
- Miceli's fine Italian Cheese is made in Cleveland. Their cheese is incredible! You can find their cheese in some grocery stores and it is likely used in some favorite foods, like frozen pastas and lasagnas.
- Catch a Cleveland Browns game. I love how the Browns partner with the American Dairy Association Mideast for Fuel up to Play 60 to inspire kids to eat healthy and get 60 minutes of exercise each day
You absolutely HAVE to have Ice Cream at Mitchell's. Seriously some of the best ice cream I've eve had. And I sampled every single flavor!! All natural tasty goodness. They don't ship, so this is a priority while you're there. 🙂
Let's Make Pizza!
Homemade White Pizza
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoon all purpose unbleached flour
- 2 cups milk warmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 ½ cup cooked chicken diced (I used left over rotisserie)
- 1 ½ cups spinach
- 2 cups mozzarella shredded
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut the top off the head of garlic so it still remains in tact. Drizzle a little olive oil over top, wrap in foil and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Remove and squeeze out the garlic, it should be like a paste.
- Combine yogurt and 1 ½ cups wheat flour in a stand mixer with the dough attachment and stir until combined well (alternatively, you can stir by hand).
- Roll dough into a circle about ¼ inch thick. Prick with fork and bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
- Over medium heat, whisk 4 tablespoon olive oil and 4 tablespoon flour until it bubbles. Add warmed milk a little at a time, constantly whisking to blend. It will thicken after each addition. When all milk is added, add roasted garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg, continue to whisk until the mixture is well blended and thickens up, about 5 minutes.
- Spread 1 cup white sauce over pizza crust. Add chicken, spinach, and cheese. Bake for 10 minutes, serve immediately.