This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PickedAtPeak #CollectiveBias
Need an easy weeknight meal with a dash of gourmet? This Rustic Harvest Vegetable Pizza will become your go-to! Better than take out and faster than delivery. Change up the toppings for a new pizza every week!
Every Friday at our house is Pizza-movie night. For one, I love having one thing on the weekly menu that I don’t have to think about. For another thing, who doesn’t love pizza?!
I found all these beautiful, bursting with flavor, vegetables at Walmart. I love fall veggies!!
I’m pretty passionate about the family dinner. I want my family to gather each night over a meal. And we do. But I also know the struggle is real! Working around schedules and extracurricular activities is tricky. I have 4 kids, believe me, I know.
If you’re not in a position to gather with your family every night, aim for once a week (or a few times). It is so beneficial to your relationships. I always say food draws them in!
Rustic Harvest Vegetable Pizza
So, let’s talk about this pizza. It’s made with all the best fall veggies~
- butternut squash
- sweet potatoes
Of course you’ll need some pizza dough and some sauce. I really like Prego Farmers’ Market® sauces because they’re made with the ingredients that you would find at your local farmer’s market. The flavor is incredible.
I used the Prego Farmers’ Market® Tomato & Basil sauce for this recipe, but they also have Roasted Garlic and Classic Marinara. Besides putting this on your pizza, you’ll love it for your pasta and other Italian dishes too. YUM!
First prepare your veggies. Just chop everything up, drizzle some olive oil on them, and some Italian seasoning.
Then you’ll roast them in a 400 degree oven until their tender. Roasting brings such a depth of flavor to your veggies. It’s so good!
Once those are finished, it’s time to start your pizza. This goes pretty fast, so I would recommend having all your ingredients ready to go.
I made this pizza in a cast iron skillet and it makes an amazing crust. It’s a little crispy on the outside yet soft chewy on the inside. Think Chicago style deep dish.
In order to do this, have your pizza dough all rolled out and ready to go. Heat your cast iron skillet so it’s hot, but not smoking. Now, place the dough (carefully! It’s hot!) in the skillet and let it cook for a few minutes.
When it starts to bubble, you can add your sauce, cheese and toppings. Don’t be afraid to bring that sauce all the way up the edges of the crust. It sort of caramelizes and absorbs into the edges while in the oven making it even more flavorful.
Finish this off in a preheated oven. It’ll only take 10 minutes or so and you’ll have ooey gooey cheesy-crispy chewy crust-flavor bursting toppings-yumminess!
I know that last line may have made no sense whatsoever, but trust me, you want to make this Rustic Harvest Vegetable Pizza. Tonight!
Rustic Harvest Vegetable Pizza Recipe
- 1 pound of mild Italian sausage cooked and crumbled
- 1 eggplant diced
- 1 butternut squash peeled and diced
- 1 sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 onion cut in wedges
- 8 cloves garlic peeled and left whole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound pizza dough homemade or store bought, rolled and stretched
- 1 jar Prego Farmers' Market® Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves torn
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Toss the eggplant, squash, sweet potato, onion and garlic with olive oil in a large bowl.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with Itallian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes, or until tender, tossing half way through the cooking time.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Preheat cast iron skillet on the stove on med-high heat.
- Carefully place the dough in the pan.
- When the crust starts to bubble, add the sauce, half the cheese, sausage, roasted vegetables, and tomatoes.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and add the torn basil leaves.
Hop on over to your local Walmart, and grab these delicious ingredients.
Their produce department is super impressive. All this colorful produce really inspires me. So many recipes, so little time.
The Prego Farmers’ Market® sauces are found in the aisle with soup and pasta.
See what Prego did to promote their promote their new flavor rich, fresh ingredient, picked at peak sauces. This is so creative, I love it!
If you don’t want to miss a recipe, go ahead and sign up for my newsletter. It’s FREE and my subscribers get special perks. (woot woot!)
Looking for more great easy recipes with a dash of gourmet?
Greek Isle Pizza