Raise your hand if you like pickles! I do too! It’s no secret that I love easy recipes that are fresh and natural. With the abundance of cucumbers that I have on hand right now, this is the perfect recipe! These Overnight Refrigerator Pickles don’t take long to make at all. Then, you let the fridge do the work for you! Before you know it, you will have amazing dill pickles to add to any meal!
Overnight Refrigerator Pickles
We have an abundance of cucumbers in our garden this year! We are so grateful, because last year, my garden failed. 🙁 I think cucumbers literally grow overnight. I’ll check one day and see a small one, not quite ready, and I swear, the next day, it’s tripled in size!
When you can’t keep up with those cucumbers? Make overnight refrigerator pickles! It’s a great way to enjoy them, and they’ll keep longer. But I do have to warn you… they are so incredibly delicious, you might be hiding your own stash–I’m just sayin’!
These are NOT canned pickles. Therefore, they are much easier and quicker to make! I have nothing against canning, as a matter of fact, I can’t wait to get to that season of my life. Every year, I really want to, but life just takes over and it kind of falls to the bottom of the bucket list. So, these babies are working just fine for now!
What you need~
- fresh dill
- distilled white vinegar
What to do~
- Slice the cucumbers, onions and garlic, place them, along with the dill into quart size mason jars.
- Heat water, vinegar, salt and sugar to a boil, stir until sugar is dissolved, remove from heat.
- Pour the vinegar solution into the mason jar and seal with a lid. Store in the refrigerator!
- mason jars
- 1-2 cucumbers sliced into rounds or spears
- 1/2 onion sliced into half moons
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 large sprigs of dill
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs sugar
- Place sliced cucumbers, onions, garlic and dill into a quart size mason jar, or other container.
- Combine water, vinegar, sugar, and salt into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir until sugar and salt is dissolved, remove from heat.
- Pour the vinegar solution over the cucumbers and seal with lids. Place in the refrigerator to cool and store.
If you want to keep up with fb live videos, you can follow me here on facebook
For recipes in your inbox, subscribe>>>(in the sidebar)! It’s FREE!