Need a quick and easy back to school breakfast on the go? Look no further! These Make Ahead Cranberry Baked Oatmeal Cups are just what you need! Easy to make, nutritious, and oh so tasty! You’ll be satisfied til lunch!
Make Ahead Cranberry Baked Oatmeal Cups
The kids will be going back to school in the next few weeks. I know for many of you, you’re already down with your new routines. But trust me when I tell ya, you are going to want to add this gem of a recipe to your morning routine. Or rather, your evening routine.
At our house we have some kids going to school, and some that are home schooled. Don’t ask my why, that’s probably another blog post! haha! But either way, whether you’re kids need to catch the bus by a certain time, or you just want an easy breakfast, you’ll love these. There’s something about oatmeal, it just sticks with you. Then the kids aren’t asking for a snack an hour after breakfast.
Not sure about oatmeal? No worries. These baked oatmeal cups taste just like a delicious cookie! I think both you and your kids are going to love it!
Oh, and they freeze great too. So, you could bake several batches, and individually freeze them to last you awhile. When you’re ready to serve, thaw and warm up in the microwave or oven.
What you need~
- rolled oats
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- dried cranberries
- applesauce (unsweetened)
What to do~
- Combine all the dry ingredients
- Combine all the wet ingredients
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Bake in a paper lined muffin tin for 30 minutes, until golden brown
- You can use fresh or frozen fruit in place of the dried cranberries (blueberries are another favorite of ours).
- You can make this all in one 8×8 pan as well if you don’t want to do individual servings.
I hope you enjoy these whether you’re eating at the table or on the go! Here’s a printable recipe card for you:
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup Craisins or other dried fruit
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, butter, applesauce and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon into paper lined muffin tin, and Bake 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
Want to make the first day back to school really special? Try this!
Have a little more time in the morning? This is another favorite:
Sign up for my newsletter and get recipes delivered to your inbox! It’s FREE!