Packed with anti-oxidant berries, greek yogurt and spinach, this triple berry smoothie will start your day off right!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Triple Berry Smoothie
Smoothies are a very popular choice in my house right now. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack, it’s always a good time for a smoothie! This triple berry smoothie is exactly what you need for a great tasting snack (or meal) and it’s loaded with nutrients.
Okay, so we don’t typically have smoothies for dinner, but this one? You totally could! Truly any of my smoothies would be great for dinner, because I pack them full of good-for-you ingredients. But, as much as I love smoothies, I do like to eat my dinner, rather than drink it. Dessert though? For sure. I used to bribe my kids to eat their dinner by telling them we had dessert, which was actually a smoothie or fruit. They didn’t know it was healthy! It was sweet! I don’t need to bribe them anymore though, they are all fantastic eaters! They are eating me out of house and home, and they’re not even teenagers!!!
Popeye was on to something…
As you know, berries are powerful superfoods. They are rich in nutrients and anti-oxidants. In addition to that, I’ve snuck some spinach in. What?! Spinach?! Yes! Spinach, also a superfood, is low in calories, is important in skin, hair, bone health, and provides protein, iron, vitamins, and minerals. And you won’t even taste it.
Even if you don’t care about all that health information, you will care how great this smoothie tastes!
Tips & Tricks
- Dairy free? Substitute soy yogurt and/or almond or coconut milk
- Sweeten with 100% pineapple juice (or just pineapple) instead of sugar
- If you’re using fresh fruit as opposed to frozen, add 5 or 6 ice cubes to keep it cold.
- Use more milk if you like a thinner smoothie, less for a thicker one. This also depends on how much of your fruit is fresh or frozen.
- Any blender will do, but I use the Vitamix. I can’t even tell you how much I love that thing. It’s good for way more than just smoothies. 🙂
Triple Berry Smoothie
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 2 slices fresh pineapple or canned
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh spinach
Add all ingredients in order to a blender.
Blend until smooth
Garnish with berries if desired.
Looking for more?
Don’t want to miss a thing? Subscribe to my FREE newsletter never miss a new recipe!