White Chicken Chili
This is an awesome easy chili recipe passed on to me from "Mom Dyk". Mom Dyk is my husbands 2nd mom so to speak.
When he moved here from the other side of the state and became friends with her son Scott, she took him in too. He doesn't have any family in the area, so he ate Sunday dinners there, and holidays, etc.
Once we met, she let me into the circle too. 🙂 I love this recipe because you really just put it all together and let it go in the crock pot.
I now call this "award winning" because it recently won a chili cook-off! I really couldn't believe it!
If I was trying to win, I would have done some super special chili with a secret ingredient, but it was a fundraiser for church. Not that I didn't want to win, I just never expected it with this easy of a recipe!
Everyone got to eat lots of chili, and then pay to vote for their favorite. I was shocked! That tells you how good this recipe is!! I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do.
The only prep for this recipe is cooking the chicken before hand. I like to poach chicken, it keeps it really tender. But, you can go super cheater style (like I do sometimes) and just grab a rotisserie chicken and cut it up.
- Whether you cook your own chicken or purchase a rotisserie one, prep it the night before so you can dump and go in the morning.
Toppings for White Chicken Chili ~
- sour cream or plain yogurt
- sliced jalapeno
- diced avocado
- crumbled chips
More Soup Recipes
More Mexican Inspired Favorites
See you next time!
White Chicken Chili
- 2 lbs chicken cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 48 oz jar of great northern beans (do not drain)
- 1 16 oz jar of salsa mild, medium, or hot
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 4 oz can of diced mild green chili's
- 1 lb of cheese shredded--use your favorite kind(s)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1//2 cup sour cream for serving
- ½ cup cilantro for serving
- Place all ingredients except sour cream and cilantro, in a slow cooker*. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
What about YOU?? Please share your favorite chili recipe in the comments!