Tis the season for summer barbecues. Not sure what to bring? This Red White and Blue Salad is incredibly tasty and you can put it together in under 15 minutes! A summer salad is a fantastic choice to support your healthy eating choices. Summer produce is the best! I just can’t get enough.
Red White and Blue Salad
Besides being delicious, red white and blue salad is festive and perfect for summer holidays like 4th of July or Memorial day.
For the past few years, we have been getting together with the same family on the 4th and it has become our tradition. We affectionately refer to them now as our “holiday friends”. Because no only do we see them on the 4th, but also on Christmas Eve, and sometimes Easter. Our “holiday friends” are awesome! Do you have any July 4 traditions, or Memorial Day?
With the patriotic theme, there are so many festive foods to make and not enough time (isn’t that always the case)! I was inspired to make this salad by a post I saw on Real Mom Kitchen.
- The dressing for this salad really makes it, but the oil and vinegar used are not your everyday pantry items. Find the Persian lime olive oil here and the Coconut balsamic vinegar here.
- You can substitute olive oil and red wine vinegar if you’d like. It will change the flavor, but it’s still de-lish and you won’t have any complaints!
- If you do use olive oil and red wine vinegar, add a tablespoon of maple syrup or honey to sweeten it.
What are you making for the 4th? How are you celebrating? I’d love to hear from you!
Red, White and Blue Salad
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 4 cups Spring Mix Greens
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 Tbs honey
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 4 oz crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Persian lime oil
- 1/2 cup coconut vinegar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbs poppy seeds
Glaze the walnuts by heating them with the honey over medium on the stove for 5 minutes, let cool.
Place lettuce in a bowl or serving platter
Layer, or arrange the strawberries, blueberries, walnuts and feta cheese.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a blender and mix well.
Drizzle over salad.
Looking for more great salads?