Red White and Blue Salad
- The dressing for this salad really makes it, but the oil and vinegar used are not your everyday pantry items. Find the Persian lime olive oil here and the Coconut balsamic vinegar here.
- You can substitute olive oil and red wine vinegar if you’d like. It will change the flavor, but it’s still de-lish and you won’t have any complaints!
- If you do use olive oil and red wine vinegar, add a tablespoon of maple syrup or honey to sweeten it.
Red, White and Blue SaladPrint Pin Rate
- 4 cups Spring Mix Greens
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 Tbs honey
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 4 oz crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Persian lime oil
- 1/2 cup coconut vinegar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbs poppy seeds
- Glaze the walnuts by heating them with the honey over medium on the stove for 5 minutes, let cool.
- Place lettuce in a bowl or serving platter
- Layer, or arrange the strawberries, blueberries, walnuts and feta cheese.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a blender and mix well.
- Drizzle over salad.